Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dress A Day, Day 46: A Bed in Boston


Sunday, June 20

This dress is one I am falling in love with. It is actually a skirt, transformed into a dress with a belt. That is how the designer at the recent African Market at BAM convinced me to buy it. It wasn't cheap, but my aunt Esti had put money in my hand to buy a dress with and the designer pointed out how practical it was for travel given that it was two outfits in one, so I let myself buy it. I tried on a few, the prints were so gorgeous, but the two sales women nodded so vigorously when I put the orange one up that I had to take it. Some people still remember me from my Berkeley days as the orange girl, so maybe my past is still with me. I bought it the day after my aunt Esti left and now here I am, at my aunt Esti's house in Boston, at the end of a long day of travel and family visits, exploring the haunted past and looking towards the future.

I want to be good and serious and playful too. I want to be in the light and in my skin and I want to jump and fall and land softly. Amen.