Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dress A Day, Day 41: Duet at Solo Bar


Tuesday, June 15

I wore this super sexy dress to the not so super sexy Solo Bar on Cortelyou in Brooklyn because I was down to the super sexy dresses and the costume dresses. I bought this one at the Goodwill on Fulton St. and this was my first time wearing it. I often buy dresses thinking: this is a good dress to dance, that is, perform in. But the opportunities to perform are not many these days, so at least it made it on to a short video. My dancing partner is a mean skanker in his late 60's or 70's. Nobody dances at Solo Bar, so this was quite an occasion and he was thrilled to have a partner and I was thrilled to dance with him and at the end of this thrilling night I was completely wiped and the shit hit the fan the next day. I guess I was really stirring things up. That's Audrey Crabtree filming us. She is an amazing performer and a lovely lady.