Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dress A Day, Day 40: Mechanical Me


Mon, June 14

Days have passed since I uploaded videos. I am a different person these days, in a different place and that is not a bad thing. By this particular night I was itching to break out of the old me, to break through to new territory. It was coming, the break, it was already happening, in fact. I put on this way too tight dress which I acquired at the clothing swap that took place in my studio in March (www.forceandflow.com, SWAN Flight event). I took it out of obligation to take something and because it fit me, I felt ridiculous holding my breath to zip myself into it, squashing my already not so voluptuous breasts. And maybe this is also a comment on how I felt about the dress dances at this point: they had been going on for so long, and my life had gotten so incredibly busy that the daily (mostly nightly) dances had begun to feel like a mechanical obligation.