Sunday, June 13, 2010

Dress A Day, Day 39:



Sunday, June 13

There I was, finished uploading and writing up the past dances, having answered emails, put away laundry and practiced piano, ready to do the next dance. I put on a pretty black dress I had been thinking about yesterday but wasn't feeling up to, started to put the yoga balls away in order to clear the space and boom, the rack fixture came crashing down. Nothing to do but pull the ladder out and start drilling new holes into the wall (sorry neighbors!) Up the ladder with a power tool in a pretty black dress, I knew this was meant to be: I will dance with the drill, a dramatic dance about my glamorous life as a dancer, teacher, businesswoman cum handyman. And I will have fun, must need have fun or why else do this.

The dress comes from Goodwill on Fulton St., a post-breakup purchase, another good reason to roar in it.