Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Dress A Day, Day 22: Shake Off the Office



Thursday, May 27

That's my office you see there, and that's me, in a little blue dress, playing grown up late at night (otherwise known as trying to keep up with all the maddening office work required of an independent business woman and artist). Grown ups are overworked, they spend too much time in their heads, on their butts, in front of computers. They need to shake it off. This dress makes me feel young enough to do just that: get up and shake and roll and slam the computer shut. I bought it in London, picked it out of a pile of second hand clothes at the Curry Lane market. It's the only dress I bought in London, where I was far more of a serious grown up than I am these days and free days for roaming and buying pretty things were so very rare.