Saturday, May 8, 2010

Practical Guide to a Dress A Day

I will film a short dance in a different dress of mine every day of this warm season. I started on Thursday, May 6th, and I can't be bothered to count all my dresses, so I don't know when I'll finish.

The dances are short, two minutes or less, and are filmed in one take. Any editing involves setting an in and out point, mainly for the sake of not wasting your time watching me turn the camera on and off.

Whenever possible, I will include some information about the dress and how it ended up in my closet.

This is an art project and an exercise and a research project all in one. I am curious to see the different me's that live through these dresses, and I am eager to learn to let myself live. I don't plan which dress to wear, or what time of day to wear it or what or how to dance in it. A moment arrives, something comes to mind - in the good moments it comes directly to my senses - and I follow it.

Your comments are welcome, you who are out there.