Monday, May 17, 2010

Dress A Day, Day 11: Grass Fed



Sunday, May 16

Earlier in the day I was accused of matching my dress to my toe nail polish, but clearly it was to this later scene at Prospect Park that my intuition must have tuned into when I pulled it out of my closet on Sunday morning. We are just South of the drum circle, where our contact improvising ways were deemed unwelcome. That's AJ Block of the Didge Project on didgeridoo, and it was to his circle that we migrated when asked to stop our dancing ways at the larger circle.

This dress is coming apart at the seems from so much wear, and it lost its last remaining and often replaced button during my dancing revelries this past Sunday. It's just so comfortable and yet never fails to get a smile or a nod, maybe because of its brilliant colors. I got it from my sister who got it from her friend Jessica Hawk back when my sister still wore short sleeved dresses: seven or eight years ago, that is.