Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dress A Day, Day 5: Jammin'



Monday, May 10

This is only the second time I've worn this dress: once to the nude beach on Fire Island with Laura, where I promptly took it and everything else off; and this second time to the Monday night movement jam, where I am a regular, if such a word can be used for anything to do with this gathering. I wore the hat as a declaration: I Am in Costume. And because it matched nicely and kept me warm. The dance is more about being in a dress at the jam on a cold May night than about the dress per se, but in my mind the dress is a plain one, to be worn at home and to sweaty places like the beach and dance jams. Like tofu, a dress like tofu, that can take on whatever flavors in stews in. It was deposited in my bag during my recent visit to Israel by one of my suppliers, aka an aunt or mother or sister.