Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Studying, Seeking

Time is short - sleep is calling. Today was a day to myself, mostly. I wrote this morning, in Hebrew. Filled six little notebook pages up. And I organized the new tea leaves into clean jars, finally. I also danced and sang in the studio, gave a bodywork session, handed out the rest of my fliers in hopes of getting a few more students, taught a class, ran to Port Authority and back. And dreamt of at least as many other ways to fill my life.

Cassandra, my client, asked me about school. She knows me as Lorenzo's girlfriend, a rock climber, a dancer, pilates teacher and bodyworker. You do so many different things! she exclaims. Not really so. They are all the same, and increasingly coming together for me. I am studying the language of the human body, and seeking to express it.

Now I'll seek out those dishes that need washing and slide into bed. A soft bed with a warm blanket, not the sleeping bag that didn't make it to the mountains tonight.